When you hear the name Christian Dior, you can immediately feel the ethereal luxurious ring to the brand. Christian Dior has been ruling the high seas of fashion for many decades and during this time has attracted the world’s foremost royalty and crème de la crème clientele. No matter the season, Dior has always imbued those who choose to wear the silhouette with an innate sense of style. For these and plenty of other reasons, Dior can rightly be titled as the epitome of the fashion industry. Here are our 7 reasons why we feel the brand deserves the royal tag.
1. Dior’s Passion: Despite his love for the arts, young Christian Dior caved to pressures from his wealthy family and studied political science with the intention of becoming a diplomat. Eventually he found his way back to the creative world by opening a small art gallery that would later close down due to a family tragedy. Not giving up on his dream, Christian began selling fashion sketches for 10 cents each to make ends meet. In 1946, the doors opened at his very own boutique at the famous locale 30 Avenue Montaigne. The store still exists today.
2. Dior’s Eccentricity: In 1947, Christian Dior debuted the ‘New Look’ which featured big volume, miniature waists, and prominent busts. Though originally highly criticized for the bold fashion statement, Mr. Dior persevered and went on to become a major player in the revival of couture in France.
3. Gorgeous Faces of Dior: Gorgeous Faces of Dior: Over time, Dior as a brand has chosen many inspirational individuals of the moment as models and muses to showcase the glamorous persona of the fashion house. Some of these leading individuals include Victoire Doutreleau, Yves Saint Laurent, Josephine Baker, Natalie Portman and Jenifer Lawrence.
4. Fit for Royalty: Being the go-to Haute Couture label for famous patrons worldwide, Christian Dior was even invited by the British Royal Family to stage a private presentation of his collection. Princess Margaret, Queen Elizabeth II, the wife of the Shah of Persia, Princess Rania and Princess Diana have all been some of his royal clients.
5. Luxurious Craftsmanship: Each of Dior’s collections evoke sensuality through their intricate embroidery and signature motifs. The construction of the house’s garments consists of a concealed craft that only a skilled couture atelier at their peak can achieve. Along with using exclusive fabrics sourced worldwide, and with a creative director like Raf Simons heading it all, we know we are in safe hands.
6. Dior World: Over the years, Dior has expanded from women’s haute couture to cover almost every luxurious whim. Be it Dior Homme, the stylish men’s collection; Baby Dior, fashion for children; the extensive DiorSkin cosmetics and skin care range; J’dore Dior and the many other perfumes available; and of course, the famous Lady Dior bags and stunning shoes. Ahh.. we can never say no to more Dior.
7. Runway Romance: From mirrors on the runway at the Place Vauban, to a mansion engulfed in fresh cut flowers to Dior has always created catwalks that are distinctive and leave the audience in awe of the house’s limitless creativity. For Dior’s most recent haute couture show at Paris, creative director Raf Simons invited 63 students for an all-expense paid trip to Paris for a hands on backstage study of what goes into Dior Couture. Inspiring young designers? All the more reason to love Dior.
We have also compiled a selection of beautiful Dior Couture available at the Luxury Closet, take your pick.
- Christian Dior Beige Sequin Embellished Top M
- Christian Dior Cream Sequin Embellished Skirt S
- Christian Dior Cream Cherie Cannage Printed Canvas Zip Bag
- Christian Dior Pink Monogram Slides Size 38
- Christian Dior Green Leopard Printed Chiffon Top
- Christian Dior Black Silk Shimmer Pleated Skirt
- Christian Dior Grey Patent Leather Large ‘Lady Dior’ Bag
- Christian Dior Black Leather Dior Bubble Platform Sandals Size 36.5
- Christian Dior White Sleeveless Blouse
- Christian Dior Purple Tulle Flared Skirt
- Christian Dior Red Leather La Trente Shoulder Bag
- Christian Dior Black Lace Peep Toe Bow Pumps Size 39
- Christian Dior Cream Ruffled Embellished Sleeve Coat
- Christian Dior Black Microfiber Lady Dior
- Christian Dior Beige Leather Slingback Heels Size 40