As the Dubai World Cup 2015 draws nearer, it’s not the only race that’s got everyone’s adrenaline rushing. For the ladies, it’s about donning the highest Louboutins and sashaying to the Jaguar Style Stakes or gliding down to the Dubai Duty Free VIP Lounge in that gorgeous Valentino dress.
Launched in 1996 by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, The Dubai World Cup is a thoroughbred horse race which brings together an elite crowd from all over the world. Known globally as the richest horse race around, with total prize money topping out at US $27.25 million, the World Cup is one of the hottest social events of the season.
The Dubai World Cup is also known for its exotic fashion statements with colorful dresses and unique hat styles filling the stands. Jaguar Style Stakes, a best dressed competition part of the Dubai World Cup, is a must go to even for any fashionista on the block. Every year, trend setters compete for the top spot in the five categories:
- Best Dressed Lady
- Best Dressed Man
- Best Dressed Couple
- Best Hat
- Most Creative Hat
- Longines Most Elegant Lady
So, here at the Luxury Closet, we compiled some of the trendiest race looks to go with your groovy hats. Check out the catwalk colors and classy dresses that will surely catch the eyes of the judges:
Set 1 – Shimmering Blue
Keep it simple and calm with look that will take you to the summery waves of the ocean. Its cream Dolce and Gabbana dress coupled with blue accessories and jewelry completes it with subtle hints of silver and stunning diamonds.
- Dolce & Gabbana Brocade Sleeveless Dress
- Stella McCartney Blue Falabella Shaggy Foldover Clutch
- Pasquale Bruni Diamond and Colored Gemstones Clip Earrings
- Pasquale Bruni Diamond and Colored Gemstones Ring
- Yves Saint Laurent Light Blue Patent TribtooSlingback Sandals
Set 2 – Fierce with a Twist
Stand out with this eye-catching Stella McCartney dress. Match it with some white Jimmy Choos, a burgundy clutch, and a simple diamond bracelet for the perfect ensemble!
- Stella McCartney Red Circle Fitzroy Dress
- Jimmy Choo White Patent Token T-Strap Wedges
- Christian Dior Red Cannage Quilted Lambskin Delidor Small Clutch
- Pasquale Bruni Black Diamond Bracelet
Set 3 – Monochrome x Pink
Black and gold are the one combination that will forever be a classic. A fabulous jumpsuit, pair this Stella McCartney beauty with vintage jewelry, black pumps, and a clutch with a pop of color for a must-have look!
- Stella McCartney Anna Stretch Cady Velvet Jumpsuit
- Chanel Paris Vintage Faux Pearls Earrings
- Jimmy Choo Black Patent Ankle Strap Pumps
- Cartier Love Rose Gold Diamond Bracelet
- Prada Fuchsia Patent Leather Gauffre Shirred Clutch Bag
Set 4 – Dainty Elegance
Ever-so-dainty and feminine, this gorgeous Chanel Camelia bracelet is the perfect match for Stella McCartney’s lace dress. Give it a touch of bold with some burgundy peep toes and a simple black clutch.
- Stella McCartney Black One Shoulder Lace Dress
- Chanel Pink Camellia Bracelet
- Christian Dior Burgundy Patent Miss Dior Peep Toe Pumps
- Valentino Black Satin Pleated Bow Zip Clutch
Set 5 – Classic with Chanel
- Chanel Prefall 2012 Tweed Dress
- Damiani Diamond Studs
- Jimmy Choo Black Patent Cosmic Platform Pumps
- Chanel Lego Clutch
Set 6 – A Checkered Affair
A mysterious and sensual look, this outfit reminds us of Alice in Wonderland. Mix up the red cocktail dress with some checkered designs on the clutch, a wide diamond bracelet, and a feminine pair of Chanel pumps!
- Paule Ka Cocktail Shift Dress
- PasqualeBruni Stars Diamond Bracelet
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Metal Check Wristlet Clutch
- Chanel Black Satin Pearl Flower Mary Jane Pumps
Set 7 – Pearls, Silk, and Turquoise
Go for a truly classy look with some timeless pearls and a vintage Chanel bag paired up with this floral Max Mara beauty. The turquoise heels bring out the blue in the dress and finish off this piece of perfection.
- Max Mara Silk Wrap Over Dress
- Yves Saint Laurent Teal Suede Opyum Pumps
- Chanel Black Vintage Lambskin Medium Classic Flap Bag
- Chanel Multi strand Pearl Bracelet
Sources: Notes of the Desert Rose Style