For nearly a century, Montblanc has been a consistently present beacon in the luxury brand market. Having been celebrated for generations as the paramount creator of writing instruments, the brand have branched out and now boast the likes of Hugh Jackman has the global brand ambassador. We take a look at 10 facts you never knew…
- The brand was founded in Hamburg Germany, and started as an high-end pen manufacturer.
- The first pen was made in 1909.
- Montblanc forms part of the Richemont group. Its sister companies include luxury brands Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Chloé, and Baume et Mercier.
- The brand’s trademark six-pointed star with rounded edges is representative of the Mont Blanc snowcap as seen from above.
- The most limited edition series of pens are called “The Patron of the Art” (POA), which are intricately adorned in diamonds, rubies, and other precious stones.
- The Limited Edition pieces carry a distinct number placing it within the release of the edition- for example “1/888” would be the first pen produced of an edition of 888 pens.
- Montblanc donates parts of its proceeds to UNICEF.
- Montblanc insist on doing all necessary repairs themselves, and will not sell customers or dealers replacement parts.
- If you buy a fountain pen, you are entitled to have the nib of the pen exchanged free of charge within the first six weeks.
- The barrel of a Montblanc pen will reveal a reddish hue under strong lighting. If the pen in question does not have these attributes then it is possibly a fake.