It is this time of the year that makes us feel so much more connected to fashion: trend pages in the glossies, the color of the year, Instagram captures by @SuzyMenkesVogue, and snap chats from fashion centers across the globe, which all add to the visual debate and dialogue of connoisseurs like Tim Blanks, who tells us what’s in store for the year. The idea of reading trends is fairly simple: you read, you spot and you adapt. While fine jewelry is a beast of its own as a category, we fine tune what happened on the runways, to bring you the fine jewelry trends for 2017.
Pearls of Joy
King Karl took Coco’s quote quite literally on the runway – and yes there were ropes and ropes of pearls. The fine jewelry direction is to choose pearls set in gold.
- Chanel CC Starburst Crystals & Faux Pearl Rose Gold Tone Ring EU 54
- Cartier Pasha Mother of Pearl 18K Yellow Gold Ring Size 51
- Van Cleef & Arpels Perlee Pearls of Gold Rose Gold Ring
- Van Cleef & Arpels Perlee Pearls of Gold White Gold Ring
- Cartier C de Cartier Pearl Rose Gold Necklace
- Cartier Pasha Mother Of Pearl Yellow Gold Pendant Necklace
Enamel Statement Pieces
The enamel technique is intrinsic to fine jewelry. Enamel is a layer of pure color on a surface and requires high-level skill sets to craft. Ranging from pins and charms to earrings and bracelets, enamel jewelry is going to be a prominent trend.
- Van Cleef & Arpels Magic Alhambra Tiger Eye and Red Carnelian Yellow Gold Bracelet
- Dior Milly La Foret Diorette Yellow Gold Small Ring
- Van Cleef & Arpels Vintage Alhambra Malachite Yellow Gold Long Necklace
- Louis Vuitton Pomme d’Amour Red Lacquer Yellow Gold Charm
Art Deco in 2017
Art Deco principles still make sense in 2017, whether you choose to flaunt the Bijou tiers-artistes creations, which emphasize design over intrinsic value, using gemstones in a sculptural way by carving them into various geometric artworks, and using diamonds and other faceted gems as punctuation rather than the main focus. While the Bijou tiers-joailliers uses caliber-cut precious gemstones to accent and enhances their geometric creations outlining designs and flanking rows of diamonds.
- Cartier Panthere de Cartier Garnet and Onyx Yellow Gold Ring
- Pasquale Bruni Diamond and Colored Gemstones Ring
- Bvlgari Vintage Pyramid Citrine 18k Yellow Gold Ring
- Bvlgari Astrale Colored Gemstones Yellow Gold Ring
- Van Cleef & Arpels Coral Pave Diamond 18K Yellow Gold Ring
- Cartier Trinity Diamond Pavé Three Tone Gold Ring Size
You will find a lot of designers looking out for natural inspirations and by that we mean simple rendering the star, the moon, and flowers. Asymmetrical shapes interestingly and elegantly explore both sides of nature, expand on design possibilities of the jewelry.
- Pasquale Bruni Mother of Pearl Moon Ring
- Pasquale Bruni Moon and Star Diamond Earrings
- Pasquale Bruni Diamond and Colored Gemstones Clip Earrings
- Stefan Hafner White Gold Diamonds and Colored Sapphire Fancy Flower Ring
Organic, classic and gem-free gold jewelry is going to be ‘in’ this season. Solid gold and chunky pieces are what you must invest in.
- Pomellato Arabesque Yellow Gold Drop Earrings
- Cartier Agrafe Yellow Gold Bracelet
- Bvlgari Fancy High Dome Rose Gold Ring Size
- Van Cleef & Arpels Butterfly Diamond Mother of Pearl Gold Charm
Style tip- Stack! Stack! Stack! rings, earrings, and necklaces stack them well! Make the most of it with these trend directions and let us know which of the featured creations struck a chord!