As the fashion weeks come to a close in Paris, we bring you our selection of the best runway looks for this season. Ranging from a myriad of colors, fabrics and textiles, autumn/winter styles are in for a refreshing change this season!
WEEK 1: NEW YORK
DIANE VON FURSTENBURG
Diane Von Furstenberg always comes up with a chic and wearable collection on the runway and this season was no different. The theme this time was Bohemian Wrapsody that centered on glamorous optical prints in bold colors with a free and easy style. Her signature wrap dress also celebrated its 40th anniversary, which prompted the opening of the ‘Journey of a Dress’ exhibition in LA.
Creating structured and soft pieces, Donna Karan artfully draped chiffon and delicate velvet into sensual gowns. Some pieces of her collection reflected buzzing skyline with the dark blazers embellished with shimmery embroideries. Her collection seemed the perfect blend for the New York City crowd.
Michael Kors runway included subtle colors such as brown, greys, blacks and creams as models walked the ramp in fringed sweaters, lots of ruffles, floaty blouses and fur coats. His luxurious collection created a romantic street look that could work for any occasion.
Herve Leger is the epitome of bodycon wear. The collection had a futuristic feel to it, as the models sashayed in muted colors with bold, geometric patterns. The sexiness remained strong with the body hugging dresses we’ve grown to love with beautiful embellishment and strong cuts. Definitely a covetable collection for those who want to stand out!
WEEK 2: LONDON
Berardi’s fit to figure collection was a contrast to his summer loose tailored silhouettes. The collection included ruffled hems, tuxedo inspired dresses and seductive bodycon dresses with bursts of gorgeous emerald and fuchsia tones. This one is definitely on our Luxury Closet lust list.
The much anticipated collection from Burberry consisted of lose and free flowing fabrics such as silk chiffon, lace dresses and scarves cinched at the waist. What made the collection more interesting was that each model wore a blanket personalized with their initials. Christopher Bailey never fails to impress!
And we see another belted collection on the runway. Ilincic’s pieces were all about asymmetrical cuts and block prints in brave tones, which were cinched at the waist with gold bars. Her design aesthetic had quite a modern feel that created an edgy look with an elegant charm.
SISTER BY SIBLING
Expert contemporary knitwear designers Sister by Sibling put together a crochet glam collection that was lightweight and luxurious. The designs projected a sexy cow girl feel when teamed with a glitter trimmed hat and oversized knit scarves.
WEEK 3: MILAN
Moschino did not disappoint this season with its loud and bright designs. Jeremy Scott, known for his daring designs, put together a fast food and pop culture inspired collection that included Sponge Bob Square Pants and McDonalds. The rest of the collection was a mix of denim, leather and lots of bling. Though not always suitable for everyday, you have to agree that a statement was certainly made!
Roberto Cavalli put on an elaborate show with luxe textures of fur and snakeskin. His collection portrayed powers of nature as rings of fire surrounded the catwalk and models walked the ramp in earthly and fiery tones. His gowns mesmerized us in silk with detailed embellishments and soft fur- both mainstays in most of the pieces of his collection.
Nature bringing in quite a large amount of inspiration this winter, Ferretti’s collection was centered around the birds and the bees. The dresses were enhanced with pleated ribbons and layers of feathers as well as subtle detailing of sequins. The tones were earthly with hues such as greens and oranges.
Missoni runways always work a treat for the eyes, and this time around exceeded expectations too with bright parkas, ribbed knitwear and cargo trousers. The patchwork print and colorful palette of mustard, orange, creams and turquoise created an effortless and feminine mood.
WEEK 4: PARIS
Fun is what describes Issey Miyake’s collection. As the model unfolds the circular piece on the runway into a dress and a bag, you know you are in for a unique treat. His collection reflected nature through use of bouncy pleats that resembled tree veins and waves by evoking that slinky effect. It was refreshing to have an altogether vivid expression of style at Miyake.
Only Chanel could pull off a luxurious supermarket at the Grand Palais and turn it into an awe inspiring runway. Lagerfeld’s choices of toning down Chanel into something wearable for everyday errands included leggings, big jumpers and signature tweeds in outerwear and dresses. The looks were signed off with boxy chained bags and fashion trainers. However, we don’t think we would keep this collection to pick up quick lettuce at the supermarket, would you?
When you think Chloe, you think effortless elegance. For Autumn/Winter 2014 her designs were minimal and done in a pastel color pallete. While the show mostly consisted of tailored feminine designs, it was the last segment of the show that put on the wild side, which consisted of experimental and innovative pieces such as all over feather coat, gold leather patched skirt and all over ruffle dresses.
Balmain’s collection was military inspired that symbolized strength and confidence in women. The runway featured leopard prints, fur and leather with a diverse mix of cargo jackets, trousers, pleated peplums and dresses that embodied ethnicity and tribal sexiness with barely any skin showing.
The Luxury Closet collection from the runway designers
DIANE VON FURSTENBERG
- Diane von Furstenberg “Lucinda” Red Airplane Print Silk Wrap Dress S
- Diane Von Furstenberg Aqua Celosa Cotton Wrap Dress
- Diane Von Furstenburg Silk Jersey Moritz Dress S
- Diane Von Furstenburg Adalvino Dress M
- Donna Karan Collection Blue Silk Evening Gown S
- Donna Karan Collection Black Wool Jacket
- Michael Kors White Wool Lace Belt Dress M
- Herve Leger Frances Sequin Detail Dress
- Herve Leger ‘Ezra’ Skirt
- Hervé Léger Navy Blue One Shoulder Sequin Bandage Dress
- Hervé Léger Purple Crisscross Bandage Dress
- Hervé Léger Black and Grey One Shoulder Bandage Dress
- Burberry Brit Denim Sleeveless Pintuck Dress
- Burberry Brit Short Sleeve Military Dress
- Burberry Black Tailor Trench Coat M
- Burberry Diamond Quilted Biker Jacket L
- Moschino Brown Jeweled Maxi Dress
- Moschino Middleton Jeweled Dress
- Moschino Printed Long Shirt
- Roberto Cavalli Blue Stretch Long Dress S
- Roberto Cavalli Long Dress
- Roberto Cavalli Beaded Gown
- Roberto Cavalli Crystal Embellished Offshoulder Gown L
- Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti Black Dress
- Philosophy Di Alberta Ferretti Short Bow Dress M
- Alberta Ferretti Silk Beige Ruffled Dress M
- Missoni Purple Metallic Mid Length Dress
- Missoni Metallic Crochet Knit Tunic Top
- Missoni Blue Striped Dress
- Missoni Multicolored Striped Knit Dress S
- Missoni Silk Multicolor Beaded Detail Dress
- Missoni Pink Long Crochet Dress With Camisole S
- Chanel Cream Midi Silk Skirt L
- Chanel Boutique Classic French Skirt
- Chanel Black Tweed Dress
- Chanel Tweed Jacket Size L
- Chloe Cream Dress with Ruffled Sleeves
- Chloe Beige Ruffle Silk Organza Top L
- See by Chloe Pink Silk Blouse Size M